1. The visitors here are greatly impressed by the fact that _____ people from all walks of life are working hard for _____ new Ma’anshan.
A.; a B. ;the C. the; a D. the; the
2. _____, a small advertisement held my attention, which read “Easy job. Good wages. No experience necessary.”
新云顶手机官网下载A. Looking through the newspaper
新云顶手机官网下载B. While I was looking through the newspaper
C. To look through the newspaper
D. I was looking through the newspaper
3. Hard work, however, does not necessarily _____ much achievement or honor which is expected by someone.
新云顶手机官网下载A. stand up for B. come up with C. go after D. result in
新云顶手机官网下载4. _____ the aid from the government, the earthquake-stricken area _____ greater loss.
新云顶手机官网下载A. Apart from; should have suffered B. But for; would have suffered
C. Thanks to; could suffer D. Except for; would have suffered
新云顶手机官网下载5. I doubt if it is _____ for you to read that book again.
A. worth B. worthy C. worthwhile D. valuable
新云顶手机官网下载6. _____ her work for the sake of the family years ago, she would be as successful as her husband now.
A. Would she not give up B. If she didn’t give up
C. Had she not given up D. Should she not give up
7. It seems as though the sun _____ round the earth since it rises in the east and sets in the west.
新云顶手机官网下载A. circles B. is circling C. has been circling D. were circling
8. If the present unemployment _____ continue, the society would face a more difficult situation.
新云顶手机官网下载A. would B. should C. might D. could
9.The climate conference was attended by 11, 000 people, _____ it the largest UN gathering ever held.
新云顶手机官网下载A. making B. to make C. made D. to be making
10. The sorry-looking, blackened figure that _____, at once admitted that he had tried to break into the shop during the night but had got stuck in the chimney.
A. ceased B. absorbed C. revealed D. emerged
11. --- Why was the suspect set free?
--- For lack of _____ evidence.
A. solid B. apparent C. ambiguous D. concrete
新云顶手机官网下载12. _____ we know that diligent ants live in a highly organized society, it does nothing to prevent us from being filled with disgust when we find they are crawling over a carefully prepared picnic lunch.
A. Unless B. While C. Provided that D. Where
13. — Would you like tea or coffee?
新云顶手机官网下载— _____, just a cup of water.
新云顶手机官网下载A. Either B. Both C. Neither D. Each
14. —Catherine, I have cleaned the room for you.
—Thanks. You _____ it. I could manage it myself.
新云顶手机官网下载A. needn’t do B. needn’t have done
C. mustn’t do D. shouldn’t have done
15. We’ll get you informed of the meeting the moment the manager becomes _____.
新云顶手机官网下载A. accessible B. useful C. available D. convenient
新云顶手机官网下载16. Ten years ago the population of our village was _____ that of theirs.
A. as twice large as B. twice as large as
新云顶手机官网下载C. twice as much as D. as twice much as
17. In the cinema, there was an old man _____ beside me.
A. sat B. sit C. sitting D. to sit
18. The multinational corporation is making a take-over _____ for a property company.
A. application B. bid C. proposal D. suggestion
新云顶手机官网下载19. —I’m surprised to hear that Sue and Paul have _____.
—So am I. They seemed very happy together when I last saw them.
A. broken up B. finished up C. divided up D. closed up
20. — Do you think you could do without help?
— _____. This is not the first time for me.
A. Take care B. Hurry up C. Not exactly D. Don’t worry
新云顶手机官网下载21. — Are the two dresses of the same size and price?
— Yes. You may take _____, if you like.
新云顶手机官网下载A. everyone B. all C. each D. either
新云顶手机官网下载22. In this new city, we everyone will meet the _____ when we don’t know what to do.
新云顶手机官网下载A. occasion B. statement C. place D. information
23. The school board has _____ teachers to spare no effort to help the students who have fallen behind in studies.
A. looked into B. turned into C. called for D. cared for
24. Although this kind of vegetable tastes _____, yet it is rich in nutrition and good for your health.
新云顶手机官网下载A. bitter B. bitterly C. delicious D. deliciously
新云顶手机官网下载25. Jack was late for nearly two hours this morning but he gave such important reasons _____ he was excused.
A. why B. that C. when D. how
新云顶手机官网下载26. A terrible thought _____ Mr. Smith when he was leaving for work: what if an accident happened while his son was alone at home?
A. insured B. freed C. attacked D. struck
27. — I feel it necessary that everything _____ by the time our manager arrives.
— Yes, to make sure the conference is held on schedule.
A. is ready B. will be ready C. be ready D. has been ready
28. The stranger _____ to walk into the building in the early morning was probably a salesman.
新云顶手机官网下载A. seen B. to see C. to be seen D. seeing
新云顶手机官网下载29. With piles of work at hand, Jane doubts _____ she can pass the coming driving test.
新云顶手机官网下载A. that B. whether C. where D. when
30. Little Jim _____ to my home after he broke my mobile phone by accident.
新云顶手机官网下载A. dared not to come B. didn’t dare come
C. dared not come D. didn’t dare coming
31. _____ the duty of taking good care of my parents, I have decided to work in Quanzhou, which is close to my hometown.
A. To consider B. Considering
C. Considered D. To have considered
新云顶手机官网下载32. I wondered why John kept it a secret. It was not until he _____ three times that he told me the truth.
A. asked B. was asking C. had asked D. had been asked